Illamasqua is a totally underrated makeup brand. Known for the amazing creative collections they release each season, it is easy to forget that these guys offer incredible, professional quality makeup that should be in your everyday makeup bag. Illamasqua definitely isn't just for special occasions!
From the creamy highlighters and fool-proof contour products, find out more about the Illamasqua foundation and face products that will give you a perfect base.
Skin Base Foundation
This is one of Illamasqua's bestsellers and it is no surprise with the amazing selection of shades and the perfect finish. Why do we love it so much?
- It has an ultranatural, flexible finish and lightweight feel
- It has a medium to heavy, buildable coverage in an extremely blendable formula
- It contains skin smoothing ingredients including Vitamin C and E
- It works on all skin types, although we would recommend that extra oily or dry skin types should try it with the Illamasqua Veil Primers
- For best results, use a buffing brush to apply in circular motions
There is a huge shade range to choose from, with 25 different colours ranging from pale white to deep cocoa.
- They all have either a pink, yellow or olive undertone
- All the shades can be mixed together if you need
- Shade 01 is a pure creamy white, ideal either as a highlight or for mixing to lighten up another shade
To help your find your perfect match, here is a breakdown of the shades, from light to dark, in each colour tone.
- For Yellow Undertones, try: 04, 05, 06, 10.5, 11, 14, 15
- For Pink Undertones, try: 02, 3.5, 07, 08, 16
- For Olive undertones, try: 03, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 09, 10, 11.5, 12, 13, 17, 18
Illamasqua Sculpting Face Powder
The Sculpting Face Powder Duos are ideal for adding definition to the face, quickly and simply. If you like using powder products on your face, these are some of the best around.
- Each palette has a neutral matte shade, which is for for adding shadow, and a lighter shimmer for adding illumination
- All of the shades are richly pigmented and very blendable
- They can be used wet or dry
For everyday, apply the matte shade in the hollows of the cheeks and the shimmer on the tops of the cheekbones, the browbone and cupid's bow. For an intense finish, apply them with a wet brush.
There are two different shades of the palette, both of which work across a huge variety of skin tones.
- Heliopolis and Lumos has a cool toned brown matte and a champagne gold shimmer. This is ideal for light to medium skintones.
- Illuminate and Nefertiti has a warm nude matte and a golden shimmer. It works beautifully on deeper skin tones.
Illamasqua Gleam Highlighter
Illamasqua's Gleam Highlighters are incredible with finely milled shimmer that adds radiance and glow. For those that like using cream textures, these give a flawless finish. Why do we love it?
- It has a lightweight, silky texture
- Available in 2 shades that work on all skin tones
- It gives a translucent, iridescent finish
- It can be used under foundation all over the face to add a glow to the skin
- It is ideal for strobing, applying over the cheekbones, brow bone, inner eye and cupid's bow
- It can be used on the body too
Aurora is a pure, champagne highlight and Supernatural is a sheer, warm bronze. Both of them are utterly beautiful additions to your makeup collection.
Illamasqua Gel Sculpt
This is one of the secret hero products in the Illamasqua range, which has reached cult status in the beauty circles thanks to its incredibly natural results.
- The shade Silhouette is a sheer colour which creates the illusion of natural shadows
- The solid gel formula is cooling on the skin
- It is easily blendable with the fingers
- It is packaged in a stick shape for easy application, ideal for simple contouring
- It can also be used on the lips to deepen your natural lip colour
- It works on all skin tones
If you have been scared of contouring before, this is the product you need to try.