The September edition of lookfantastic Beauty Talks was all about being prepping your hair, body and skin for Autumn.
We shared with you some of our favourite products and gave away some top tips and tricks to help you smooth and perfect your hair and protect your skin as the colder months approach.
- Q What is your favourite Molton Brown scent?
- A Our favourite Molton Brown scent at the moment is the Jasmine and Sun Rose fragrance! The Jasmine and Sun Rose Bath and Shower Gel is such a treat to use and has a luxurious formula that gently cleanses and rejuvenates whilst releasing a fresh and floral fragrance.
- Q If you could win a year's supply of one product featured what would it be and why?
- A One of our favourite products from this month’s Beauty Talks has to be the Bumble and bumble Go Big Thickening Treatment! Designed to give your hair instant texture and full bodied definition, this is the new hair product on our list we swear by to create ultimate body and bounce. A must - have for the upcoming party season.
- Q I get very dry lips! Are the Illamasqua lipsticks moisturising and are they suitable for those who suffer with dry lips?
- A The Illamasqua Antimatter Lipsticks are long wearing with maximum colour however have a non-drying effect meaning they are perfect for those suffering with dry lips. The smooth and creamy texture means that the lipstick glides effortlessly onto lips to soften and condition whilst providing a high luscious colour making it your new autumn essential.
- Q I have suffered with acne throughout my teens and my skin is now dry. Is there anything I can do to combat both acne and dry skin?
- A Combination skin is a problem faced by many and the best way to help to soothe and clear your complexion is by using a combination of products. Opting for a hydrating yet clarifying cleanser is the first important step and the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk is a lovely option as it gently removes all dirt and impurities without stripping the skin. To help combat breakouts, follow your cleanse with a range of products dedicated to balancing and clearing your skin. The Vinopure Purifying Toner, Skin Perfecting Serum and Skin Perfecting Mattifying Fluid are all enriched with Salicylic Acid and organic Grape Water to clear and soothe your skin.
- Q Do the ghd’s have different temperature features and do they automatically turn themselves off if accidently left on?
- A The new ghd Platinum+ utilises technology which reads each section of your hair and responds by delivering the optimum temperature of up to 185 degrees for the ultimate smooth, sleek final result. Heat is monitored over 250 times per second thanks to the sensors in the heat plates that read your hair's needs. All ghd stylers have a sleep mode so that they will turn off after 30 minutes if left on so you have no need to worry when leaving the house in a rush in the morning.
- Q I am desperate to find some products for my hair as it is always so dry and I suffer from split ends. Do you have any advice?
- A Split ends are inevitable at times and are often as a result of excessive heat damage to your hair which leave our locks in a damaged and in an unwanted, unruly mess. We recommend using Grow Gorgeous End Split Ends to smooth and repair split ends, providing the ultimate special care and attention that is needed. Combine this with the Grow Gorgeous Thickening Hair and Scalp Mask Intense to deeply nourish thin and flat hair to provide a flawless smooth and silky finish.
- Q Do Grow Gorgeous have a product for those of us that already have thick hair and don’t need that extra volume?
- A We recommend using the Grow Gorgeous Rescue & Repair Shampoo for thick locks to help keep them rejuvenated and healthy looking. We love this product as it is a purifying shampoo that refreshes and hydrates hair whilst keeping your tresses resilient and heathy looking.