Vitamin C isn't a new ingredient, but yet it continues to remain one of the "trendiest" and most important skin ingredients according to dermatologists and skin scientists.
As a result of its efficacy and results-driven nature, SkinCeuticals puts Vitamin C right at the heart of some of their best-known products. Their "Prevent" range contains 6 antioxidant-rich formulas, and 5 of these are packed with Vitamin C.
What is Vitamin C?
Considered to be skincare royalty, Vitamin C is undoubtedly one of the most important antioxidants your skin needs to stay healthy, glowing and protected against external aggressors.
For use in skincare, its best and most active form is known as ascorbic acid. Sometimes seen in an ingredients list as L-ascorbic acid, it's the most researched form of Vitamin C, which makes it one of the most understood and useful forms of the antioxidant for our skin.
Why is Vitamin C good for the skin?
Known for its powerful abilities to brighten and correct pigmentation and dark spots, Vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) also works wonders in helping to keep the skin youthful, plumped-up and wrinkle-free. By aiding the skin cells to battle external and environmental aggressors, it fights off those toxins and pollutants that could harm the structure of your skin.
- Defends the skin against free radicals: As Vitamin C is an antioxidant, it helps to fight against the oxidation process, and prevent free radicals from damaging skin cells. An example of oxidate stress would be damage from UV light, which although Vitamin C can't protect the skin from, it can reduce the appearance of damage like brown spots and pigmentation.
- Boosts collagen production: Due to its potent abilities, Vitamin C helps your skin to produce it's own natural collagen supplies, which makes it one of the most powerful and useful anti-ageing ingredients in the beauty industry. By keeping your skin working hard on the collagen front, the complexion appears more plumped-up and youthful for longer.
- Reduces pigmentation: Also known as the "aid antioxidant", Vitamin C helps the skin to heal itself when damaged. This includes everything from sun spots to pigmentation.If your skin is going through any kind of trauma, Vitamin C is an ingredient you should be including every day in your beauty routine.
Why use a Vitamin C serum from SkinCeuticals?
Known as the antioxidant authority of skincare: SkinCeuticals pioneered the role of antioxidants in skincare Dr. Pinnell, the brand’s founder, was the first to patent a stable form of vitamin C proven to effectively penetrate skin, delivering eight times the skin's natural antioxidant protection. The brand now has 7 different antioxidant?rich formulas, 6 of which contain Vitamin C thanks to its incredible skin benefits. Discover more about each one below.
Winner of Harper's Bazaar Best of the Best Beauty Awards for 2017, the SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic contains a unique combination of 15% pure Vitamin C, otherwise known as L-ascorbic acid, 1% Vitamin E and 0.5% Ferulic Acid, which form a tri-active powerhouse of ingredients for the skin.
Working to fight off environmental and external aggressors, the Vitamin C serum helps to prevent free-radical damage, keeping skin healthy, glowing and plumped-up. It has incredible anti-ageing benefits by improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation for an all-round fresher complexion. It provides enhanced environmental protection for the skin, with 8x your skin's own natural protection.
Suitable for ageing, sensitive, dehydrated and post-surgery skin, it's one of the brand's most well-known and bestselling products. To use, apply 4-5 drops to cleansed skin in the morning and pat in. By using them in the morning
Phloretin CF / Phloretin CF Gel
The Phloretin CF and CF Gel have been formulated with the same great blend of ingredients in two different formulations depending on the texture you prefer.
Both Vitamin C serums have been formulated for ageing, blemish-prone and hyper-pigmentation skin types, as they contain a super blend of 2% Phloretin, 10% Vitamin C and 0.5% Ferulic acid, which help to encourage cellular turnover for a more youthful and clearer complexion.
Derived from the bark of fruit trees and apples, Phloretin is a unique antioxidant that helps to neutralise free radicals and improve the appearance of pigmentation and discolouration.
- Phloretin CF - This lightweight serum helps to support the skin's natural protection against free radicals, and is perfect to use alongside sunscreen to offer a double defense against external aggressors.
- Phloretin CF Gel - If you don't particularly like the feeling of an oil come serum on your skin, you will love the Phloretin CF Gel instead. In fact, it's perfect for men post-shaving as it offers a cooling and comforting feeling, whilst also possessing the same incredible benefits as the original Phloretin CF Serum.
Perfect for hyper-sensitive skin types, the Serum 10 contains a blend of 10% Vitamin C with Ferulic acid to suit people with skin concerns or who are new to SkinCeuticals.
It utilises patented Vitamin C technology which is formulated at the correct pH to interact with the skin in the right way so that it properly penetrates and absorbs. By helping the skin's natural protection against free radical damage, fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced, while its natural radiance is improved.
To use, apply 4-5 drops to cleansed skin in the morning and pat in to protect against daily environmental aggressors.
AOX + Eye Gel
This Vitamin C serum is packed with an additional Phloretin, Ferulic acid and caffeine to help energise and protect delicate under-eye skin.
It helps to combat signs of ageing caused by environmental aggressors, whilst also improving the appearance of dark circles and photodamage. The gel-like eye treatment melts into the skin and provides an immediate cooling relief for tired and puffy eyes.
To use, simply apply 1/2 pump per eye area and pat into the under-eye, outer corners and brow bone for the best results.