When it comes to botanical skincare and makeup, there's no brand more fitting than Chantecaille.
Founded by Sylvie Chantecaille, the brand utilises the very best botanical and luxury ingredients in its products to improve the health, vitality and radiance of your skin.
We managed to catch up with Sylvia despite her busy schedule and found out what her day looks like from the moment she wakes up to when she goes to sleep. Plus, there are a few tips on some of the skincare and makeup products she uses too!
A Day in the Life Of Sylvie Chantecaille
- Q What time do you wake up?
- A Every day I wake up at 7am.
- Q What do you like to do when you wake up?
- A First thing in the morning I drink hot water with lemon. Then I open my emails and answer the most urgent ones before I get to the office.
- Q What is your weekday and weekend breakfast of choice?
- A My quick weekday breakfast is usually tea and a cup of fresh fruit. On the weekends, I use every fruit I can find in my fridge—berries or whatever I have—to make a smoothie. Then I take my silver teapot and favourite Hermès breakfast cup and head back to bed to read the newspaper or a book for a blissful hour.
- Q What is your morning beauty routine?
- A First I splash lots of water on my face to wake me up. After I dry my face, I pat our Rose de Mai Water into my skin. According to the season I moisturise with our Bio Lift Serum or our Rose de Mai Cream. Right now I’m mixing the Rose de Mai Cream and Rose de Mai Oil. I let that sink into my skin while I brush my teeth, and then apply the Nano Gold Energizing Eye Serum. My makeup routine takes two seconds! I blend Future Skin onto areas of my face where I need to even out my colouring or conceal blemishes. I dab Radiance Gel Bronzer onto the high planes of my face, and add our new Cheek Gelée in Lively on top of that. I usually wear Happy which is a sheer pink, but in the summer I’m a peach person. I apply our Luster Glide Eyeliner in Olive Brocade, and swipe Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara down and up my lashes and and at all angles to make sure I get them all! If I’m in a hurry, I’ll add a swipe of one of our Mermaid Eye Colours to my eyelids. If I have a little bit more time, I’ll use one of our eyeshadow quads to add depth and definition to my eyes. It makes me look more awake! To finish off I use whatever lipstick I’m in the mood for that day. I’m falling in love with our new summer lip colours called Lip Sleeks. They feel amazing. They’re shiny and soft and natural looking. They make your lips look dewy and perfect.
- Q What does your day look like?
- A Very very busy! I get to the office by 9:30 or 10:00, and I’ve already gotten through my emails from home. I have meetings as soon as I arrive. Every day I meet with retailers, work on designing our newest tester units, meet with architects about installations, chat with our creative team to figure out what needs to be shot and produced, and work on new products and colours for upcoming seasons. I try not to have lunch at my desk, but it’s rare that I can find the time to leave to have lunch with a friend. If not, I will have lunch in the neighbourhood with my husband, Olivier.
- Q What do you do for downtime in the evening?
- A I love to take a walk through Central Park. Right now the trees are in bloom and it’s so lovely. We usually go to dinner around 8:30, and then come home and answer more emails before going to sleep! Unless we attend a fun party. I try to keep things entertaining for my husband.
- Q What is your relaxation technique?
- A Deep breathing. And If I can get to pilates then I’m a very happy girl. Deep massage once a week. Foot massages as often as possible.
- Q What is your evening beauty routine?
- A I take off all of my skin makeup with our Flower Infused Cleansing Milk on a cotton round. I take off my eye makeup with our Rose de Mai Eye Makeup Remover. I then pat Rosewater into my skin and layer our Bio Lifting Cream over our Bio Lifting Serum. I apply our Nano Gold Energizing Eye Cream. On alternating nights, I exfoliate with our Bamboo and Hibiscus Exfoliating Cleanser. It leaves your skin so smooth afterwards. On those nights, I finish off my routine by applying our Bio Lifting Mask to wear while I sleep. It irons out wrinkles by the morning!
- Q What time do you go to bed?
- A I try to go to bed by 11:30, but often times I’ll read in bed or check Instagram to catch up with my friends.
- Q Do you like to use any techniques and products to help you sleep better?
- A If I’m not feeling centred, I will spritz our Pure Rosewater and breathe in. It helps relax me and fall asleep. When I am travelling I add melatonin spray but always keep Rose de Mai by my bed.