Have you ever been tempted to try a chemical peel but perhaps don't have the time or budget? Or maybe the thought of a bright red face afterwards has put you off? Skincare experts Dermalogica, have just launched a professional-grade at-home peel, which delivers powerful results with no downtime at all. Sound too good to be true? We sat down with Dermalogica's Education Executive Victoria Schofield to find out more...
The Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel is now the highest-strength exfoliant in the Dermalogica retail line. It's suitable for those what want to accelerate results in the comfort of their own home and take treating ageing skin to a whole new level. If you've tried acids and peels before but wish the results were a little more intense, this is the maximum-strength at-home peel to try.
How does a chemical peel work?
At Dermalogica, we encourage regular exfoliation as part of your skincare regimen. This promotes continual renewal of the epidermis and healthy barrier formation, which keeps the skin smooth and hydrated.
When it comes to peeling the skin, the inference is that we are working deeper into the skin for more dramatic results. An at-home peel should be weaker than the professional in-salon peel but products often use the term "peel" on exfoliants that are actually quite mild in action. Dermalogica's Rapid Reveal Peel is considerably stronger than the other Dermalogica retail exfoliants. For example, it's moe than double the strength of Daily Superfoliant!
The main draw for at-home peels is their impact on ageing skin. As we age, cell turnover slows, which when combines with the degradation of collagen and elastin, and accumulated environmental damage, results in dull and lacklustre skin. By supercharging skin's natural renewal, smoother and more radiant skin is revealed.
Dermalogica's Rapid Reveal Peel is clinically proven to enhance radiance and visibly reduce fine lines, whilst also increasing cell turnover by 44%.
Radiant skin is just below the surface, all you have to do is uncover it!
What's in the Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel?
Rapid Reveal Peel contains a unique complex of phytoactive AHA extracts, lactic acid and fermented plant enzymes, which helps increase epidermal cell turnover.
- Lactic acid - This is at the maximum concentration for at-home use (10%), which not only stimulates cell renewal, but brightens and boost skin hydration levels.
- Glycerin - Prevents moisture loss to keep skin calm and comfortable.
- Rice bran extract - A natural source of phytic acid that resurfaces and evens out the skin tone.
- Australian caviar lime extract - A natural source of citric acid, which increases cell turnover and brightens for a more radiant complexion.
- Pumpkin fruit enzyme - A potent 10% concentration gently exfoliates without irritation and contains Vitamins A and C to combat skin ageing.
How do I use Rapid Reveal Peel?
If you want accelerated results, choose the "kick-start phase" by using one tube every day for 3 consecutive days, then transitioning to using once a week.
Alternatively, use once a week which is ideal to maintain professional treatment results.
- Use as part of your night-time skincare regimen by applying to clean skin.
- Leave on for 3.7 minutes. Some warmth or mild tingling may be experiences.
- Rinse with cool water or a cool and damp cloth.
- Apply your targeted serums and night-time moisturiser.
- It's important to use a high SPF in the daytime when using a maximum-strength chemical peel as skin becomes more sensitive to UV light. Dermalogica's Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 is a great partner product.