Post last updated 19/02/2023
Mineral foundations have become the face base of choice of those who have problematic, combination or sensitive skin thanks to their minimal ingredient list and ability to perfectly cover the skin without ever looking cakey without disrupting the skin's natural balance.
What is a Mineral Foundation?
Mineral foundations are available as liquid foundations and powder foundations and more. Made from a blend of natural ingredients like zinc and titanium oxide, mineral foundation leaves out a lot of the chemical nasties found in regular makeup such as parabens, preservatives, oil and fragrance.
What Skin Type is Mineral Makeup Best for?
Mineral makeup is ideal for every skin type, though it is particularly effective for those with sensitive skin and people with oily skin thanks to their non-comedogenic properties which won’t block your pores but will absorb excess oil.
Our Picks of the Best Mineral Foundations
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation
- bareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation
- L'Oréal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation
- MAC MINERALIZE MOISTURE SPF 15 FOUNDATION
- INIKA Baked Mineral Foundation
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15
- Elizabeth Arden Mineral Makeup
- EX1 Cosmetics Pure Crushed Mineral Powder Foundation