The first Beauty Talks of 2019 featured some very exciting new launches to add to your beauty routine.
We have gathered together some of your beauty questions that we may have missed during the live and have answered them below.
- Q I would love to create a fresh and dewy complexion, what products should I use?
- A We are obsessed with the trending new skin-makeup hybrid ‘Yoga Skin’ that is the ultimate way to create ultra-dewy and luminous skin with that fresh out of the yoga studio glow. We suggest prepping skin using the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water to smooth complexion. Then combine the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, a drop of the NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi Usage Dry Oil, a drop of the Kevin Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting and a drop of your favourite liquid highlighter into a creamy mix on the back of your hand. Apply to skin using a sponge to achieve a perfect glowing base.
- Q How would you recommend adding a pop of colour to my makeup for spring?
- A We are currently loving the Lime Crime Venus XL II Eyeshadow Palette that is perfect for the upcoming spring. The palette features 18 beautiful shades, including a range of pinks, greens and neutral tones in a mixture of metallic, matte and sheer blends that work perfectly together to create beautiful colourful looks for the upcoming fresh spring months.
- Q What product do you recommend for better coverage under the eye to cover up imperfections?
- A If you are wanting to add that extra bit of coverage to conceal imperfections, particularly around the eyes and on blemishes, then the NARS Cosmetics Radiant Creamy Concealer is the perfect product for you. Build long wearing coverage whilst retaining a ‘real skin’ finish, this wonder product disguises unwanted under eye bags and blemishes.
- Q What’s the 2019 trend for lipsticks?
- A Red Vinyl is a huge trend for 2019 - the classic red lipstick with a modern high shine finish. We are loving the Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip Lipstick in shade Cherry Crush that delivers a full impact colour while leaving lips super hydrated and plumped.
- Q What is the difference between a tinted moisturiser and a light foundation?
- A Tinted moisturisers are perfect for when you need a light correcting base with sheer, radiant coverage which will keep the skin looking fresh and glowy. They are great to help lock moisture into your skin and are perfect for dry skin. On the other hand, light foundations feel much heavier in texture but deliver slightly higher coverage for a more flawless finish. Perfect if you want to conceal imperfections without masking your skin.
Writer and expert
Our team of beauty experts cover everything from makeup to skincare, picking out the most effective products from the best brands and latest trends. Stay up to date on everything beauty with the LOOKFANTASTIC blog, and find all your essentials in one place.