We sat down with Clinique and their skincare experts to discover all the answers to the beauty questions you have ever wanted answered to keep your complexion healthy, hydrated and glowing.
Discover some of the questions asked by you, our customers, and the responses from Clinique's team of experts.
7 questions with the skincare experts at Clinique
Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 125ml4.39 Stars 18 Reviews£31.00
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 125ml4.71 Stars 206 Reviews£25.00
Clinique Smart Custom Serum4.83 Stars 24 Reviewsfrom£54.00
- What product would you recommend for slightly oily and blemish prone skin that will help me look less shiny in this heat?
- Tell me about it. Total love hate relationship with the weather. I would start by using products that are oil free. Clinique have a fantastic range designed for blemishes called the Anti Blemish Solutions Range. The range is designed to control excess oil throughout the day, prevent future breakouts. I am also personally loving using City Block SPF 25 in this weather under my makeup as it gives SPF protection and it's also a makeup primer that controls and excess oil and helps keep your makeup in place.
- I’ve used the same 3 step for quite a few years as I’m aging my skin is changing now so what skin care regime would you recommend for over 40’s skin?
- The 3 step system is designed for absolutely everyone to use for thoroughly cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising the skin. We never love to put an age on skincare and say by such an age you would need to use a certain product. However if you are looking for something anti ageing I can definitely recommend some products that you could use alongside 3 step. Our Smart Serum and Moisturiser would definitely deliver anti ageing benefits by helping increase radiance and reduce lines and wrinkles. If your looking for a quick and easy product to add your current 3 step moisturiser then our Fresh Pressed Booster is one of the most potent products we have that has pure vitamin C designed to brighten, tackle anti ageing and re-texturise! Please see links below so you can check them out.
- What would you recommend for dull skin? I need some radiance!
- Great question! Number 1 priority would definitely be to exfoliate to promote healthy cell turnover, keep your moisture barrier strong and always wear SPF. Clinique have liquid exfoliators called Clarifying Lotions (5 for different skin types and needs). You can use this twice a day before you moisturise and this product will help improve skin's radiance.
- Would you recommend changing your skincare routine in he hotter weather? If so - what would you suggest?
- We get this question very often. Our skin type can definitely change during different weather seasons. I would say if your skin personally feels like it's changing then of course you may need to up your hydration in the winter or in the summer it's a popular season for light weight oil free formulas. Let your skin be your guide. If it feels the same all year round then no harm in sticking to your routine but if it's changing definitely try out different formulas.
- What are the actual essentials in a good skincare routine? There are so many products to choose from!
- I totally agree with you. There are so many amazing products out there it's hard to know where to start. The 3 top skincare products that I believe are essential to a good routine are 1. cleanse/remove makeup 2. moisturise and 3. always wear and SPF every day. These are some of my top picks for each. For a makeup remover, our Take The Day Off Balm is so loved for being quick and easy and has a beautiful texture. For moisturising check out Moisture Surge and Dramatically Different Moisturisers and lastly for SPF check that it's in your skincare/makeup or add it to your routine with the likes of City Block SPF 25 or 40 which is a SPF plus make-up primer.
- I’ve heard amazing things about the Take the Day Off Balm but I have quite oily skin - is it suitable for me?
- Delighted you have heard such great things about the Take The Day Off Balm. Firstly to answer your question if this would be suitable for an oily skin, the answer is yes. It's for all skin types, removes the most stubborn makeup and most importantly is non greasy. Usually oily skin types tend to stay away from balm and oil type products but this product thoroughly cleanses and doesn't leave any residue.
- Recently my skin has become very dry, it used to be very oily. Do you know why this is? How can I remedy it?
- There are few factors that can contribute to skin changing such as weather, environmental damage and hormones. Let me explain how dryness happens. Lack of adequate oil and water production at the surface of the skin often combined with a breakdown in the skins moisture barrier can cause dryness. If the moisture barrier is not strong it can cause skin to lose precious water and become more dehydrated. The best ways to treat are to replenish the oil and water, strengthen your moisture barrier and hydrate. I would definitely recommend Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator. It works non-stop for 72 hours by creating its own internal water source. Beautiful texture and very hydrating.