I have started 2017 as I mean to go on, by planning on being even more healthy than last year. With a combination of reduced drinking, working out more, setting new targets and goals most importantly looking after my body from both the inside and the outside.
However, my beauty regime has a huge impact on how I feel, so it is always included in my goals for the year. These are the ways I'm experimenting with my beauty routine.
My big goal is to be more adventurous and try new styles. I have a few ways I'm going to make this happen:
- Every time I film I try to attempt a different style as supposed to my laid back just got out of bed look. My hair is naturally fine with a gentle wave and the occasional chaotic kink, so I’m going to experiment with new methods and products.
- I love to ramp up the volume. I’m going to look for anything that can give me more volume whether it is a mousse, dry shampoo or volume building shampoo. I already love the Klorane Oatmilk Dry Shampoo Spray and Redken's High Rise Volume Lifting Conditioner.
- I’m going to give myself a hair mask at least once a fortnight. One that I recently bought that I’m excited to try is the Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil. Alternatively I will use one of my hair oils such as Moroccanoil or the Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil to massage my scalp with and leave in overnight.
With makeup I am all about the little tweaks that help you switch things up without risking your usual style.
- One thing that I keep neglecting to do is finish my makeup look with a setting spray or a mattifying powder. I notice that on TV often my face, in particular my forehead, is shiny and it can ruin a polished look, so that is a number one for me to try this year.
- Don’t be afraid to mix makeup to find the shade that you want. I do this a lot with my foundation and also eyeshadows. Recently I returned from holiday and my skin was a lot more tanned than usual, so I had to make up my own colour by blending Dermalogica Sheer Tint and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow.
- Don’t get complacent. Obviously I have my day to day basic makeup routine that only takes me 15 minutes from shower to leaving the house; it consists of brown everything. Brown skin, brown eyeshadow, brown mascara, brown eyeliner, you get the idea! However, I want to keep exploring new things. I get the best results and constantly learn what suits me best that way.
Previously I have focused heavily on makeup and to some extent neglected the skin underneath. However, if you look after your skin you won’t need to wear so much makeup to cover imperfections; on holiday I didn’t wear very much make up because I didn’t need to. This is my big focus for 2017.
- I set aside time every morning to nurture my face with some amazing products. I wake up really early every morning (it’s actually quite annoying), so to capitalise on this extra time awake I give myself treatments in the bath before the boyfriend gets up.
- Face masks are my favourite. I like GlamGlow, especially the Tinglexfoliate treatment, and the Starskin and Skin Republic sheet masks are also great. One product that I fell in love with is the Oskia Renaissance Mask. Initially I had a tester size of this that I got from my monthly beauty box and I liked it so much I bought the full size. It made a difference to my skin straight away, leaving it very dewy and smooth to touch.
- Skincare supplements are my new thing. I’ve started trying The Beauty Molecule from Fountain and I'm looking forward to seeing the results . I mix it with water of juice in the morning.
- I'm always looking for new skincare brands. One brand that I’d never heard of before is Codage but I have been using the Masque Micro-Peeling every 4 days and love it.