Aurelia Skincare is founded on the belief that botanicals are best for your skin.
Made from only the finest ingredients, and with a fusion of natural knowledge and scientific research, each product works in synergy with your skin to beautify, protect and enhance.
We caught up with Aurelia founder Claire Vero, to find out more about what she does day to day, and which are her absolute favourite beauty products to get her complexion glowing.
A Day in the Life of Claire Vero, Aurelia Skincare
- Q What time do you wake up?
- A 7:00 am is typical for me, although I'd really like it to be 8:30!
- Q What do you like to do when you wake up?
- A I jump into the shower and use Aurelia's new body products (coming soon!), which help me start my day perfectly. The essential blends are uplifting and instantly help me to feel more awake. You can also catch me playing Octonauts with my little boy Henry some mornings, for those who know, there are "Gups" all over the house!
- Q What is your weekday and weekend breakfast of choice?
- A A smoothie, some granola parfait and fruit during the week, then a nice brunch on weekends. I love sourdough toast with avocado smash, poached eggs and mushrooms - yum!
- Q What is your morning beauty routine?
- A I always start with the Miracle Cleanser, which leaves my skin supple and soft. I follow this with a spritz of the Brightening Botanical Essence and the Revitalise and Glow Serum. Before any makeup, I'll apply the Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser for a smooth, even base. Not forgetting the all-important Botanical Cream Deodorant for body too!
- Q What does your day look like?
- A On a work day, I'll check my diary for scheduled meetings and I'll be at the office for 9 am. Every day is different which is what makes having your own business so interesting. I'll normally meet with the e-commerce team to catch up on sales and discuss future newsletter plans for the website. I'll also catch up with the marketing and PR teams to check copy for products and press releases, or head to an external press meeting to introduce a new product. When I'm formulating something new, there's a lot of time spent testing and retesting samples and giving detailed feedback. When I'm happy with a version, I will ask my team for their thoughts too, so it's a collaborative process.
- Q What do you do for downtime in the evening?
- A I love the downtime with Henry before he goes to bed; bath time and a story are such a lovely part of our day. When we've got a babysitter I'll head out to dinner with my husband Alex. Last week we had an incredible seven-course tasting menu at Galvin, La Chapelle in Spitalfields but I'm just as happy at our local pizza restaurant round the corner! On cosy nights in, it's got to be a gripping series on Netflix.
- Q What is your relaxation technique?
- A Day-to-day it's about integrating mindfulness into my skincare routine. I do this by taking time to inhale the essential oil blends of products like the Cell Repair Night Oil and Aromatic Repair and Brighten Hand Cream before applying. At Aurelia we encourage our customers to enjoy a moment of mindfulness every time they use the products, and allow thoughts and stresses from the day to flow out of the mind.
- Q What is your evening beauty routine?
- A To remove all my makeup, I'll use the Miracle Cleanser and gently buffing bamboo muslin cloth. Three times a week, I'll exfoliate with the Refine and Polish Miracle Balm as a mask. Before applying my Cell Repair Night Oil, I'll use a few spritzes of the Calming Botanical Essence, which helps me relax before bed.
- Q What time do you go to bed?
- A Around 10-30-11 pm most days, but I'm expecting a baby in August so strictly speaking it should be 9 pm!
- Q Do you like to use any techniques and products to help you sleep better?
- A It is so important for me to have a good night's sleep so I'll make a conscious effort to avoid devices such as my phone or tablet at least an hour before bed and don't keep them near the bed. The blue light emitted from their screens can interrupt sleep patterns so it's best to avoid. Our Calming Botanical Essence is a great product for helping to relax before bed, and I'll also have a long soak in a bath with Epsom Salts to deeply relax and wind down.