Cleansing balms are becoming more and more popular thanks to their wonderfully deep-cleansing yet hydrating properties. Discover our edit of the best cleansing balms below, as well as some top application tips.
What is a cleansing balm?
Cleansing balms tend to be much more hydrating and gentler on the skin than other cleansing formulations such as gels.
They're perfect for sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin types as they are super luxurious and nourishing.
How do I use cleansing balms?
Cleansing balms need to be massaged into the skin for a minute or two, as this will help break down their oils so that all makeup and impurities are "grabbed".
They're best paired with a warm cloth as this helps to remove all of the balm so no residue is left behind.
What are the best cleansing balms?
- ELEMIS Cleansing Balm
- Clinique Take the Day Off
- Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm
- yes to Coconut Cleansing Balm
- REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
- ESPA Nourishing Cleansing Balm
- NEOM Perfect Night's Sleep Cleansing Balm
- Eve Lom Cleanser
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser