The scent of a rose has been scientifically proven to reduce high blood pressure levels, and act as a remedy to feelings of stress and anxiety.
However, while we generally inhale its scent while applying it topically on our skin, there are actually countless benefits to taking rose internally and nourishing your skin, mind and body from the inside out.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Rose Water?
- Rose is naturally soothing; helping to calm down inflammation and irritation. If you have blemishes or acne, it’s great to ingest as well as used topically to help nourish inside and out.
- Helps to hydrate the skin. Rose is an extremely moisturising ingredient, which means it’s great at conditioning the skin. Drinking it helps to keep your complexion plumped-up, dewy and healthy.
- It has incredible anti-ageing properties; helping to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s great to ingest every day to make sure your complexion stays youthful and glowing.
- It’s a brilliant digestive aid. As rose is extremely calming, it’s great to take if you are suffering from bloating or an upset tummy as it will soothe any spasms or pain.
- Rose is naturally antibacterial, making it perfect to take if you are suffering from colds or the flu. Although it doesn’t claim to cure an illness, it will help the recovery process and keep your body well hydrated.
A Rose Infusion Drink
This gorgeously instagrammable drink is perfect for refreshing your energy levels and giving your well-being a much-needed boost of vitality.
What will you need?
- 500ml of Filtered Water (you can double this if you want to make the drink for a special event.)
- 2 Wedges of Lime
- Petals from 2 Organic Roses
- A handful of Strawberries
- Put the strawberries, rose petals and lime into a jug, and carefully pour the filtered water over.
- Let all the ingredients infuse into the water overnight.
- When ready to serve, add ice.
- For a sweet treat, sugar coat the rim of the serving glasses.