This month we are all about celebrating inspiring women and Claire Vero is definitely one of them. She founded Aurelia Probiotic Skincare with the ambition to create a line of skincare products that boast ethically sourced botanical formulations and deliver incredible results without any harsh chemicals.
These luxurious yet BioOrganic products are infused with unique Probiotic Technology to help the skin achieve and maintain the perfect balance, and ensure your complexion stays radiant and glowing.
Passionate about providing women with innovative and incredibly effective skincare products, Claire Vero also aims to empower them and make them comfortable in their own skin.
A Q&A With Claire Vero, Founder of Aurelia Probiotic Skincare
- Q How did you begin your career in the beauty industry?
- A Having spent nearly 10 years at the forefront of pharmaceutical excellence, working for one of the biggest global pharmaceutical companies in the Centre for Dermatology Excellence, I saw and discovered a great deal. Once I learned the power of probiotics and the difference they could make to the skin, I wanted to use these natural but science-led ingredients to continuously protect, restore and balance the skin from within for women every day. The beauty industry was the next natural step!
- Q What inspired you to create your brand?
- A I left, empowered to create skincare with a remarkable difference; products that harnessed the power of probiotics, used in this new way, delivered alongside formulations that were not only natural, but ethical and sustainable too. Our technology is advanced and works to calm the natural immune triggers in your skin which can be overstimulated by pollution and stress. Our probiotic ingredients reduce the damage these immune triggers cause to collagen, elastin and healthy cells and activate the skin’s natural ability to repair itself and boost the natural process of restoring collagen, elastin and healthy cells.
- Q How do you begin your day with a positive attitude?
- A I try to start every day with a nourishing, healthy breakfast as a family with my husband Alex and little boy Henry. Before I check on the day’s schedule it’s nice to have a bit of family time! It’s the perfect time to catch up and a healthy start gives me energy for the day.
- Q What has been the defining moment in your career?
- A I’m so lucky that I have quite a few moments to choose from which have made me feel exceptionally proud: winning Best New Brand after our five original products were entered into the Ultimate Natural Beauty Bible, seeing our products in global publications such as Vogue and Elle to name but a few, and winning over 60 consumer and industry awards since 2013! The recent launch of our Botanical Cream Deodorant was a very special time, as following a feature in the Sunday Times Style Magazine, we were selling one pot of deodorant a minute. It’s amazing to see and hear what a positive impact it’s having on people’s lives; some people are buying five to give out to their friends and family!
- Q What beauty product is your source of power?
- A I just love the Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser which makes my skin look and feel so smooth. It primes my skin perfectly for makeup and I feel confident and glowing when I apply it in the morning! I also can’t be without the Revitalise & Glow Serum, containing the highest concentration of our probiotic ingredients to restore and protect my skin. It gives me a glow and radiance and is so lightweight it sinks in instantly.
- Q What advice do you have for women starting out their careers?
- A Be confident in your skills and abilities. Make sure you have a well worded CV, which suits the job or industry you are interested in. When it comes to interviews, do as much preparation as you can! But remember that it’s only you who can drive your career forward!
- Q What future ventures are in the pipeline?
- A We have some gorgeous body products on their way which are going to be amazing, as well as a very exciting launch later this year! It’s something we’ve been working very hard and I can’t wait for the big reveal!
- Q What, for you, is the best thing about being a woman?
- A I’m so grateful for my close female friends. There’s something so special about friendships between women, what we can share with each other, the fact that we feel more like sisters and the support and fun we enjoy. I also feel very lucky that I was able to become a mother to my sweet little boy Henry. I didn’t think I could love anyone so much! I love being a wife to my husband Alex and also being able to empower other women with beautiful, radiant and glowing skin.
- Q Who is your female role model?
- A When it comes to business, Jo Malone is a real inspiration because she built a hugely successful brand in the face of lots of adversity. I recently reviewed her book My Story for Management Today which I loved. Another inspiration is Kit Kemp, co-owner and Design Director for Firmdale Hotels. I love her style, individuality and flair for interiors making every one of her hotels so original and fabulous. I’m so impressed by the variety of partnerships she is involved in, particularly the series she designed in collaboration with Wedgwood called Mythical Creatures. My mum though is my best role model as she is supportive, energetic, loving and confident, and has helped me become the person I am today.
- Q What advice would you give your 20 year old self?
- A Don't worry about the small things. Just keep plugging away with what you’re passionate about and things will happen for you. Be kind to people along the way you never know when you might meet them again! Hold on to your integrity and principles at all costs. Trust your gut instinct - if it doesn't feel quite right it probably isn't.
Take a look at all our Powerful Women features on the blog for more inspiration.