Essential Rose Oil has been used for centuries as a natural skin healer and beauty treatment. It’s little wonder then, why it’s a star ingredient for brand of the month, Jurlique.
You can discover more about why essential rose oil is a hero ingredient in skincare on the blog, but for Jurlique, the quality and efficacy of their rose oil is central to its benefits.
Heritage Roses are grown at Jurlique’s Biodynamic Farm in the Adelaide Hills in Australia. This organic and natural approach to farming ensures that the roses are as clean and pure as possible. The oil and water that is then harnessed from these roses is of the highest-quality and delivers unrivalled benefits to your skin.
Roses connect you to nature – to beauty within. They are the queen of herbs when it comes to skincare – Ulrike Klein, co-founder of Jurlique
How does Rose Oil benefit the skin?
Essential Rose Oil is brilliant for the skin as it helps to hydrate, moisturise and soothe dehydrated complexions.
If you have any sign of dehydration, dryness or damage, it can be a result of your skin being under pressure and stress. Symptoms of this can include:
- Flaking skin
- Rough patches
- Tightness after cleansing
- Premature ageing
- Skin sensitivity
Rose Oil helps to rebalance your skin, and leave it feeling comfortable, revitalised and refreshed.
What causes Dehydrated Skin?
There are many factors that can cause dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin, but Jurlique has summarised their top 3 to help combat symptoms and rebalance your skin.
When you drink caffeine and fizzy drinks, they dehydrate the body and leave you feeling thirstier. This translates to your skin as dehydration, where your skin will appear flakier and duller than usual.
Choose fresh water and herbal teas instead to keep your body hydrated and your skin cells moisturised. If you love to have a cup of tea or coffee in the morning, opt for something like Matcha instead. It has all the benefits caffeine has to offer, such as energy burst without its crashing effects.
Air conditioning and dry hair can cause dehydration in your skin. The spring season is an especially difficult time for your complexion as the mix between warm and cold air wreaks havoc on sensitive skin types.
Make sure you cover up when the temperature feels a little colder than usual, and in the warmer weather, always wear an SPF and a hat to shield your skin from the sun. You should also be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day no matter what the weather!
If you do however, already have dry and or dehydrated skin, you will need to adjust your skincare regime to combat it. A luxurious but lightweight cream, such as the Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream will help restore lost moisture.
Your Skin Type
Depending on your skin type, you may have naturally dry skin. It’s all down to your genetics, rather than having dehydrated skin, which is related to your environment.
If you do have dry skin, or have any tightness after cleansing which you want to relieve, follow a Jurlique skincare regime. The natural ingredients and high source of Essential Rose Oil will help to hydrate and soothe to leave your complexion feeling comfortable.
The Rose Moisture Plus range is your perfect companion if you are looking for a naturally hydrating skincare routine. All of the products, including the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser, Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream, Rose Moisture Plus Face Mask, Skin Balancing Face Oil and Rosewater Balancing Mist. Together, they help to relieve dehydration and prevent further moisture loss, to help your complexion get glowing again.
Your skin is a barometer for what’s going on in your body, and your life. Treat it well, and you’ll enjoy a long, happy relationship together – Jurlique
The Rose Moisture Plus Ritual
This skincare ritual focuses on giving your skin hydration with lightweight formulas.
- Cleanse with the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cleanser. Formulated with Rosehip Oil, this cleanser helps to improve skin clarity and tone. The addition of Willow Bark Extract helps to keep your skin clean and clear, and Pumice gently exfoliates. After cleansing, your skin will feel hydrated, balanced and look glowing.
- Hydrate with the Rose Moisture Plus Daily Moisture Balancing Serum. Although this serum has a lightweight feel, it packs a punch in the moisture department. It contains Essential Fatty Acids to restore fatigued and dulling complexions. The silky feel helps to protect your skin’s outer barrier against environmental aggressors too.
- Moisturise with the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Lotion. This lightweight cream is suitable for all skin types thanks to its unique gel texture. Infused with Grape, Green Tea and Rosehip, it helps to combat dehydration with a blend of powerful antioxidants. A blend of Shea Butter and Honey further moisturises on a deeper cellular level to combat dehydration and prevent it from reoccurring.
- Treat with the Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask. A blend of Avocado and Macadamia Oils treat the skin deep down to restore sensitised and unbalanced skin types. Tumeric Extract has powerful antioxidant properties to reduce inflammation, calm redness and soothe stressed-out skins.