We were lucky enough to catch up with Origins about their 2016 "Glow Girl" Madeleine Shaw and discover some of her best-kept beauty and exercise secrets!
Coming into winter, it can be easy to get lazy with your skincare and exercise routines, but with Madeleine's easy tips, you can still make sure you're still doing everything you should and managing to get some chill out time too!
Madeleine herself is a nutritional health coach, cookery writer, yoga instructor and leading voice in the UK wellness sector. She has recently launched an 8-week holistic digital programme called the Glow Guides, designed to be a pocket personal trainer, nutritionist and life coach. Origins is the exclusive beauty partner for the new app, supporting her mission to help everyone get the glow – inside and out.
If you love the idea of getting involved with beauty apps, then why not check out our Beauty Secrets App, which allows you to video your own beauty secrets and share them with all our customers and readers!
Madeleine Shaw X Origins
- Q Do you like to work out in the morning or at night?
- A Morning, I’m more energised, I put a workout on from my Glow Guides app and I’m off!
- Q Do you use different products at the gym than at home?
- A On my face I use By All Greens Foaming Deep Cleansing Mask with Spirulina, Spinach and Green Tea. It’s a two-in-one that treats like a mask and detoxifies like a cleanser. I put it on for ten minutes when I finish my workout and wash off in the shower.
- Q Do you carry any "in case of emergency" items in your gym bag?
- A I’ve used Super Spot Remover for years, it’s my go-to for the odd spot and I swear after I apply it spots are nowhere to be seen the next day…
- Q What's the best thing a personal trainer or instructor has told you?
- A Less talk more sweat!
- Q What's the most common faux pas that people make with green juice?
- A Adding too much Spirulina or other powders – they are meant to be concentrated so a little goes a long way! If you add too much it can overpower the other flavours. It’s critical to get the right balance.
- Q Is there anything you shouldn't consume before or after green? E.g., does anything lessen the health benefits?
- A I think a green juice offers a lot of health benefits regardless of when and how you consume it so would never discourage it!
- Q Are there any new superfoods – aside from the ones in this juice – we should be taking?
- A My new cookbook Ready Steady Glow has a huge section on cupboard essentials and good-for-you kitchen must-haves. A few other ingredients I love are chia seeds for an energy boost, dried apricots for potassium, iron and antioxidants (plus they have a delicious sweetness) and vitamin-C packed lemons to add a bit of zing to any dish or smoothie!