Uni life is undeniably some of the most fun and exciting years of your life! With no two days (or nights) being the same, your social schedule has never been so packed and a regular sleep cycle is a thing of the past. Of course, making a fresh start in a new place with new people, you want to look and feel your best, which isn't always easy when balancing lectures, readings, self-care and (most importantly!) a social life.
Whether it's the hangovers that have started to take their toll on your skin, or you just don't have the time to wash your hair after hitting snooze one too many times, we've rounded up the influencers who have the ultimate time saving hacks that will really up your beauty game. From hair that will hold out both the night before and morning after, to the makeup made for the long nights, read on to watch their easy to follow tutorials...
Available to students only, shop now through UNIDAYS to receive your exclusive discount on LOOKFANTASTIC!
How to hide the hangover with @rachleary
Though you may be feeling rough after a big night, as Rach says, your skin and bank account don't need to suffer too. This easy and affordable five-step routine will help banish the bags under your eyes and brighten your complexion to give the impression of a full night's sleep, no matter what time you actually got in at!
- Use the Garnier Micellar Water Facial Cleanser and Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin with the Reusable Make-up Remover Eco Pads to remove any left-over makeup that you may have missed from the night before. The eco-friendly pads can be washed and re-used, saving you money and helping the environment.
- Apply the Garnier Fresh-Mix Brightening Face Sheet Shot Mask with Vitamin C onto the face and leave for 15 minutes. Massage any remaining serum into the skin. Powered by anti-oxidant rich Vitamin C, the mask helps to moisturise and brighten tired skin to leave it looking refreshed and energised.
- Apply the Garnier Vitamin C Serum (coming soon to LOOKFANTASTIC!) for added brightness and moisture, protecting the skin from environmental aggressors and keeping it moisturised.
- Apply one pump of the L'Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Liquid Care Moisturiser Normal Dry Skin all across the face and neck. Designed to provide moisture for up to 72 hours, the formula helps to guard against dehydrated skin, infusing nutrients from hydrating Aloe Water and Hyaluronic Acid that will create a healthy-looking glow.
24 hour hair with @bethanyfosbery
On the night...
The key to good looking hair is keeping it healthy, moisturised and clean. Bethany uses the Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask before a night out to keep her locks lightweight and soft in feel and looking super shiny. The naturally-derived, vegan range is enriched with banana extract that eliminates build-up, excess oil and dirt and keeps both the hair and scalp hydrated.
- Start with the Shampoo, massaging it into the scalp and roots before rinsing out.
- Apply the Garnier Ultimate Blends Nourishing Hair Food Banana Conditioner For Dry Hair to the lengths and tips of your hair, working it through before rinsing out.
- When short on time, Bethany uses the L'Oréal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Wonder Water 8 Second Hair Treatment. Working in just 8 seconds before being rinsed out, the formula instantly smooths hair, creating a weightless finish that looks glossy and healthy.
- For that extra shine and body, work the Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food Banana 3-in-1 Dry Hair Mask Treatment into damp hair, leave for 3 minutes, and either leave in or rinse out before styling.
The morning after...
Bethany keeps second day hair a secret with the L'Oréal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Air Volume Cleansing Dry Shampoo. Perfect for refreshing last night's locks, the shampoo absorbs excess oil without any residue. The quick-fix formula is lightweight and leaves your hair looking more voluminous and feeling fresh.
- Shake the can before using.
- Holding the product 15cm away from your head, spray the Dry Shampoo into the roots of the hair.
- Massage the product into the roots and brush through.
Long-lasting makeup for the late nights with @_sophmartine
The last thing you want to be worrying about on a night out is your makeup. @sophmartine has nailed the night out look with the best long-lasting products that won't budge, run or fade until removed with a makeup remover.
- Soph starts with the NYX Professional Makeup Smoothing Marshmellow Root Infused Super Face Primer to hydrate, smooth and even the complexion, prolonging the wear of her foundation.
- Next, she applies the Maybelline Superstay Active Wear Full Coverage 30H Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid. The oil-free foundation is lightweight and breathable (ideal for dancing!) and helps conceal and blur any imperfections for up to 30 hours of wear.
- To brighten the under eye area, Soph uses the Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Concealer. Also a life saver for covering dark circles the morning after, the concealer brightens and hydrates to plump the skin.
- Soph uses the NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Shadow Utopia Palette to add a touch of colour to her eyelids. With an impressive 40 shades in a variety of different finishes, Soph loves this palette for creating 'endless looks'.
- Like a true-pro, Soph ace's the cat eye liner look first time using the NYX Professional Makeup That's The Point Eyeliner and then opens up the eyes further for that fluttery look with the bestselling Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in 01 Black.
- She finishes off her look with the NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie XXL Long Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick: 'shade 10 is the perfect matte finish'.
- Finally, arguably one of the most important steps, Soph locks her look in place using the NYX Professional Makeup Setting Spray in Matte Finish/Long Lasting. The lightweight mist holds your makeup in place, hydrating the complexion and guarding against unwanted shine.