Even those blessed with perfect complexions can experience flare-ups from time to time, and this is sometimes due to the skin being out of it's natural pH-balance.
Strong skincare and foaming products can all contribute to this and have adverse effects, which is why we're looking at the best pH-balancing products to get your complexion glowing and healthy.
What is pH-balancing skincare?
pH-balancing skincare has a natural pH similar to that of your skin, aka slightly acidic.
Skin's ideal pH is 5.5, which is border acidic when neutral is 7. Some skincare products can disrupt this, which for some can lead to irritation, redness and dryness. Acne and breakouts can even flare-up, which is why finding pH-balancing skincare is essential to keeping your complexion in check.
Choosing products which either have a natural pH-level to that of your skin, or which help to regulate and balance your complexion are most ideal, which is why we have put together our edit of the very best.
9 of the best pH-balancing skincare products for 2020
- COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser
- Skin Doctors pH Balancing Face Cleanser
- Pixi Rose Tonic
- Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion
- Erno Laszlo Phelityl Night Cream
- The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% Superficial Peeling Formulation
- La Roche-Posay Ultra Fine Scrub
- NIOD Flavonone Mud Mask
- Gallinée La Culture Cleansing Bar