When your hair becomes dehydrated, it can lead to severe dryness and subsequent damage. Learning what factors could be causing the dehydration is essential to keeping it healthy. If your hair is coloured or has been chemically treated, it increases the risk of dryness, so always make sure to include deep conditioning treatments in your haircare regime to keep it healthy.
A nourishing shampoo is one of the easiest ways to combat dehydration and the damage that follows. By replenishing the lost moisture and hydration within the hair’s fibres, they can start to repel damaging aggressors like weather, pollution and heat easily. We have put together a list of our 10 favourite shampoos for dry and damaged hair so you can keep your locks healthy, soft, shiny and hydrated.
What are the key signs of dry and damaged hair?
- Split ends
- Hair easily breaks
- Lack of volume
- Hair falls out easily
Top tips to remedy dry and damaged hair
- Use a nourishing shampoo in place of your regular shampoo. This will help to lock in essential moisture.
- Use a hydrating hair mask twice a week to deeply condition and treat thirsty locks. Discover our favourites here.
- Reduce your use of heat tools on your hair where possible. Instead use products like the Aquis Hair Towel to dry your hair naturally.
- When your hair is wet, use a detangling brush in place of your regular one. This will help reduce pressure and breakage on your hair fibres.
- Wrap your hair in a silk turban when sleeping to prevent stress and breakage.