Marine skincare and beauty products are packed with lots of beneficial ingredients to hydrate, plump-up and keep the skin healthy and glowing.
Algae for example, is incredibly rich in humectants which draw moisture into the skin and prevent water from escaping; perfect for dehydrated complexions.
Sea salt on the other hand is naturally abrasive, making it perfect for use in body scrubs to combat cellulite and detoxify the skin.
What marine ingredients should I look out for?
- Padina Pavonica – Perfect for dehydrated complexions, Padina Pavonica contains the humectant polysaccharides and fatty acids to moisturise and plump-up the skin.
- Golden Seaweed – Rich in antioxidants, amino acids and conditioners, any type of seaweed helps to get the skin glowing and healthy.
- Seawater – Seawater may sound as common as they come when it comes to ingredients, but it’s packed with minerals that help to hydrate and balance the skin.
- Microalgae – Touted as a superfood ingredient by many beauty brands, microalgae is packed with vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals like astaxanthin to protect the skin against environmental damage.
- Roaring Water Kelp – Rich in fatty acids, any kind of sea kelp helps to moisturise the skin and prevent further water loss.
- Sea salt – Natural sea salt contains minerals which help to detoxify the skin. Plus, it acts as a natural exfoliant to slough away dead skin cells.
- Marine collagen – This might not sound like the most luxurious ingredient (it’s extracted from fish oils and scales), but it has incredible antioxidant properties to repair the skin and help slow down skin ageing.
Marine skincare routine
- Marine cleanser – Estée Lauder Nutritious Micro-Algae Pore Purifying Cleansing Jelly
- Marine serum – Darphin Lumière Essentielle Serum
- Marine mask– ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Mask
- Marine cream – Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
- Marine eye cream – Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Ageing Eye Cream
- Marine eye mask – Valmont Instant Stress Relieving Eye Mask
Marine haircare routine
- Marine shampoo – Bumble and Bumble Seaweed Shampoo
- Marine conditioner – Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner
- Marine scalp scrub – Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Sea Salt Scrub
- Marine treatment – ghd Advanced Split End Therapy
Marine bodycare routine
- Marine bath tonic – ESPA Detoxifying Seaweed Bath
- Marine shower gel – DECLÉOR Aroma Cleanse Alguaromes Toning Shower Gel
- Marine body cream – ELEMIS Targeted Toning Body Moisturiser
7 of the best marine skincare products
ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
The ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Cream (and in fact, the entire Marine collection) is undoubtedly one of the most well-known sea-inspired beauty products out there.
Made with powerful marine extract, Padina Pavonica, the cream helps to support cellular renewal and encourage soft, healthy skin and a luminiscent glow.
Pair with a few drops of the ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Oil for a super-nourished and radiant treat. It contains Padina Pavonica, Golden Seaweed and Roaring Water Kelp, which feed the skin with nutrition and smooth away fine lines and wrinkles.