Lavender is one of the most well-known essential oils, and is mainly used in aromatherapy to help calm and relax you. However, what you may not know is that there are many benefits of Lavender in beauty too. It can help to treat skin conditions from acne and redness to wounds and burns, and even help to detoxify the complexion.
The Benefits Of Lavender In Skincare
Lavender has many skincare benefits, and can help to treat a wide range of skin conditions and afflictions.
- Acne - If you suffer from breakouts, imperfections or severe acne, then you should consider incorporating Lavender into your skincare routine. It is naturally anti-bacterial, and has anti-inflammatory properties, which help to reduce the redness and size of spots.
- Eczema - If you suffer from eczema and have red, itchy and inflamed skin, then Lavender can help to soothe it and reduce your discomfort. It works by adding hydration into the skin, decongesting it and starting the healing process.
- Insect Bites - If you are heading on holiday this summer, then make sure you pack Lavender containing beauty products in your suitcase. It can help to decrease the swelling and itchiness of the bite, whilst also helping to repel mosquitoes in the first place.
The Benefits Of Lavender In Haircare
While Lavender is brilliant in skincare, it also works just as well at treating hair conditions, and keeping your locks healthy.
- Dandruff - If you have dandruff and don't like the idea of using harsh chemical astringents to cleanse your hair, then opt for Lavender hair products. As it is a moisturising essential oil, it helps to relieve dry, itchy skin and leave your scalp and hair conditioned and flake-free.
- Dryness - If your hair is feeling slightly dry and damaged, then .Lavender will help to restore softness and hydration to your hair. Not only this, but it will add shine and leave your hair smelling gorgeous.
- Hair Loss - If you hair is starting to thin, then adding Lavender into your routine will help to treat it and leave you with fuller and more luscious locks. It works by helping to combat stress and anxiety thanks to its therapeutic aroma, which are some of the leading causes of hair loss. It also helps to stimulate circulation in the scalp, thereby promoting healthy hair growth.
Our Favourite Lavender Products
We have chosen our favourite beauty products that contain Lavender, and which can make a huge difference to the health of your skin and hair.
Have a read of our other ingredients posts too to discover some more skincare secrets.