Lighter nights and warmer weather make summer the perfect time to get fit and healthy. Beautifully fresh fruit, hydrating water and easy exercises make it a great season to treat your body with the love it deserves. We caught up with Abby Pell, one of our gorgeous Beauty Ambassadors to see what she loves to do in the summer to stay fit, healthy and have fun. Firstly however, some little tips from us…
Lookfantastic Summer Fitness Tips
- Don’t wear makeup when you exercise! It can block your pores and leave your skin looking dull and feeling congested. Instead, apply SPF sun creams liberally and spritz your skin with hydrating mists that will give it the moisture it needs in the heat. Read more about our favourite summer mists on the blog here.
- Take it easy and don’t overdo the exercise. You can push your body to help get it fitter but don’t injure yourself or cause undue damage. Instead, build up your exercise routine by starting off with easier exercises for shorter periods of time and then increase the intensity each time.
- Keep your body hydrated with plenty of water when you exercise. Take a water bottle with you when you go out anywhere to ensure you are getting enough fluid every day. It will help to keep your whole body and skin healthy, and prevent those dreaded heat headaches!
- Have fun with it! Get your family, boyfriend, girlfriend and friends involved so you can have a good time while you exercise. Plus, they will help to give you motivation and encouragement to push yourself further. Sports such as tennis, netball and hockey make you a part of a team and also get you fit and healthy.
Summer Fitness With Abby Pell
Find out how to stay super fit and healthy this summer so you can feel and look your best with our Lookfantastic Beauty Ambassador and Fitness Expert Abby Pell!
- Question: How do you like to keep fit on the go?
I walk or cycle a lot more in the summer, why not skip transport for short distances and let your legs do the work? If I travel and can’t get to a gym, resistance bands are always great for a full body workout anywhere any time. MyProtein has some great choices in gorgeous summer colours!
- Question: Do you have any fitness tips for summer?
Get outside, exercise in the fresh air, rain or shine at least it’s a little warmer! I love power walking and HIIT sprints outdoors.
- Question: What are great exercises for people who don’t have a lot of time to exercise?
Try HIIT Jumping lunges with the work rest ratio 20:40 building up to 30:30… so jump from one lunge into an alternate leg lunge and repeat for 20 seconds then rest for 40 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Question: Do you have any tips for eating healthily in the summer?
Fresh is best, now is the time to stock you fridge with loads of lovely fresh summer vegetables and fruit! When the weather warms up I crave salads topped with chicken/fish nuts/seeds avocado and olives. And always drink plenty of water!