The art of colour correcting can be the difference between good and flawless makeup application. Working to conceal certain skin concerns that traditional concealers and foundation products won't do alone, colour corrector products should be a staple in any makeup routine.
What are colour corrector products?
Colour correctors might look super unwearable due to their vibrant shades, but they are undoubtedly the one makeup product you should be using to help perfect the complexion.
Designed to conceal certain areas of concern such as redness, pigmentation, dark circles and sun spots, colour corrector products come in an array of shades including peach, green, purple, yellow, pink, orange and blue to help target skin issues.
Which colour correct shade is right for me?
- Peach - Neutralises dark circles & purple tones
- Purple - Counteracts sallowness
- Pink - Brightens fatigued skin
- Yellow - Reduces pigmentation and dark/sun spots
- Green - Counteracts redness
- Orange - Neutralises dark circles on darker skin tones
- Blue - Conceals veins
Best colour corrector products for a flawless complexion
There are lots of colour corrector options available depending on the type of product you like to use.
Liquid primers such as the NYX Professional Makeup Colour Correcting Primer are great if you want to even out the whole complexion, but for more targeted areas opt for a palette like the Sleek MakeUP Colour Corrector Palette as these will allow for more precise application.
Price point wise, Barry M, Bourjois and Sleek are great budget beauty buys, but if you're looking for something a little more luxurious, opt for MAC, Urban Decay or Yves Saint Laurent.
- Stila One Step Correct
- NYX Professional Makeup Colour Correcting Liquid Primer
- L'Oréal Paris Infallible More Than Concealer
- Urban Decay Colour Correcting Fluid
- Barry M Cosmetics Colour Correcting Kit
- NYX Professional Makeup 3C Palette Color Correcting Concealer
- MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Palette - Deep
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Neutralizer