Skincare guru Caroline Hirons advocates using an acid in your beauty routine no matter what skin type you have. Sensitive or not, there are enough acids on the market to look after even the most delicate of skin, whilst also sloughing away dead skin cells and keeping your skin balanced and well-exfoliated.
While the word “acid” can be a little daunting, don’t be put off. It should be an essential part of your skincare regimen, and without it you’ll never have that glow, radiance and healthy luminosity you crave. Without taking away dead cells, dirt and debris, your skin will become clogged and dull, which could lead to acne and dehydration. An acid helps to prevent all of that and more.
The one we can’t get enough of at the moment is the newly launched Acid Fix from cult skincare brand Omorovicza. Formulated with a blend of powerful acids, it immediately revitalises tired and dulling skin with one sweep of a cotton pad.
By combining glycolic, salicylic and lactic acid, this treatment works to simultaneously exfoliate, clear and protect your skin, allowing it to look the healthiest version of itself – Harper’s Bazaar
What is the Omorovicza Acid Fix?
An incredibly potent cocktails of acids, botanicals and Hungarian Thermal Water, Omorovicza’s Acid Fix is a skincare product to dwarf all other skincare products. Not only does it brighten, resurface, renew, plump and exfoliate, it’s suitable for most skin types (excluding the very sensitive who go red at the mere thought of an acid), making it one of the most versatile and multitasking items we have added to our beauty arsenal.
But, just exactly what’s inside that makes it so special and effective?
- Glycolic acid – Also known as an AHA, or alpha-hydroxy acid, glycolic helps to brighten the complexion by sweeping away all manner of dirt, debris and dead skin cells.
- Salicylic acid – Brilliant for blemishes and acne-prone skin, salicylic acid is a BHA that dries up spots and breakouts, all while helping to reduce the appearance of old pigmentation scars.
- Lactic acid – A gentler acid than glycolic, lactic acid helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making it perfect for ageing or more mature skin.
- Sodium hyaluronate – For increased moisture and hydration, sodium hyaluronate should be at the top of your ingredient wishlist. It helps the skin to retain its moisture levels too, staving off any chance of dehydration.
- Australian caviar lime extract – This is a brilliant ingredient for smoothing out the skin and improving its radiance.
- Healing concentrate – Omorovicza’s patented Thermal Water complex helps to deliver essential minerals into the skin to help heal and protect.
To replicate the effects of an exfoliating clinical peel at home, I would recommend investing in Omorovicza’s brand new Acid Fix. Giving skin an instant boost, this multi-purpose treatment exfoliates, peels, resurfaces, brightens and plumps the skin to give instant effects – Wendy Rowe
How do I use it?
The Omorovicza Acid Fix is a powerful blend of acids, so should only be used 2-3 times a week, and not in conjunction with any other acid-based products. While acids are great for the skin in small doses, overdoing them can cause severe dehydration, which is where a lot of people go wrong with them. By overusing them, they think they’re actually irritating and damaging the skin, but the truth is, if they just cut down, they would reap all of its benefits without any aggravation.
With this Acid Fix, you may notice a slight tingle on the skin but this is completely normal. It just means the product is working!