Though it may sound taboo, CBD carries many benefits in our skincare and haircare products. A huge growing trend in the beauty industry at the moment, we have summed up everything you need to know about this powerful plant extract including why you should be incorporating it into your daily routine and how it can help with major skin concerns such as acne and inflammation.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or scientifically known as ‘cannabidiol’, is a cannabinoid that is found in marijuana or hemp plants. Unlike their other more controversial components, such as THC, CBD does not cause a high and is safe for consumption legally. When extracted, the CBD is often mixed with a nourishing oil such as hemp or coconut to create the CBD Oil that is now commonly found in beauty products.
What are the benefits of CBD Oil in beauty?
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory – CBD has been found to have powerful anti-inflammatory effects on the skin, helping to reduce redness and calm irritation. This makes it ideal for helping soothe conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It can help with acne – due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties, CBD Oil is great at calming enraged acne to reduce the redness around a cyst. It has also been found to help decrease sebum production on the skin, the main culprit for blocking pores and causing acne.
- It is extremely hydrating – as it is a plant extract high in nutrients, CBD is effective in moisturising and balancing the skin to help keep it hydrated and balanced. This, combined with it’s ability to calm and soothe irritation, makes it the perfect skincare saviour for those with sensitive or dry skin.
- It helps prevent against the visible signs of ageing – CBD Oil is extremely rich in anti-oxidants which help guard against free-radical damage (pollution, UV damage, impurities) that can age the skin. By protecting against these aggressors, CBD helps to prevent the formation of winkles, fine lines and dullness.
- It promotes stronger, healthier hair growth – CBD Oil is also high in fatty acids includng Omega’s 3, 6 and 9 which help to keep hair moisturised and strong, stopping split ends from forming. The oils in the Omegas also nourish the scalp to promote hair growth.
Our top CBD Beauty Picks
Philip B CBD Scalp and Body Oil – now 10% off
Designed to revitalise stressed and tired skin, the Philip B CBD Scalp and Body Oil can be used from head to toe to reduce redness and inflammation and lock in moisture. Suitable for chronic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis as well as daily skin problems including cracks and dryness, the Oil nurtures and soothes the skin and helps to aid the healing process. The mix of Jojoba Seed, Olive, Sweet Almond, Sesame and Walnut Oils not only create a delicious fragrant smell, but also provide moisture and nutrients, helping to alleviate any discomfort.