If you have sensitive skin and want a cleanser that effectively removes makeup without causing irritation, you will love cleansing milks and here’s why.
Why use a cleansing milk?
Cleansing milks are super gentle cleansers which are great to use on dehydrated, sensitive and more mature skin types. Because they don’t foam or contain any harsh agents, they can effectively hydrate and nourish the skin as they cleanse, making them great if you have any type of inflammation, redness or irritation.
If you’re a fan of the double cleanse routine, cleansing milks make great first cleansers for you to then go in with a balm and really work into your pores. Discover some of our favourites below.
How do I use cleansing milks?
Although it completely depends on the cleansing milk you are using, there are some easy steps you can follow to ensure you effectively cleanse your skin without disrupting it’s natural balance.
- Always pull your hair back before cleansing your face! It sounds simple but it will mean a completely clear canvas for you to use your products.
- Wash your hands to remove impurities and ensure you are not transferring any germs onto your face.
- You can either apply cleansing milks directly onto the skin or onto a cotton pad depending on your preference.
- If applying onto your skin directly, warm in your hands and then massage in using circular motions.
- If using on a cotton pad, sweep the cleansing milk over the skin.
- Rinse away with warm water either using your hands or a flannel.
- Pat dry and follow with the rest of your skincare routine.
7 of the best cleansing milks
Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk
Loved by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Caudalie is a skincare brand always stocked on our bathroom shelves. Their Gentle Cleansing Milk is great for removing all manner of impurities, makeup, oil and dirt without disrupting the skin’s natural balance, making it one of the best cleansing milks for all skin types and needs. Enriched with skin-soothing grape-seed polyphenols, the milk helps to leave the skin feeling comfortable, clean and rejuvenated whilst also imparting a healthy glow.