This Easter, up and down the country, there are plenty of great activities you can do with your partner and family. From chocolate tasting to egg hunts, the country is going all out to celebrate Easter and the Bank Holiday Weekend. Make sure you read on to discover our top picks of events throughout the country and what amazing Easter days out you could be heading to.
What to do this Easter Weekend
- Couples - There is a Chocolate Taster Workshop at ARC in Stockton-on-Tees that allows you to make your own chocolate. Afterwards, you will learn how to taste chocolate so you can achieve the full sensory experience it has to offer. This is held a little later on the 5th April but is one worth waiting for.
- Families - If you have children, Stephenson Railway Museum in North Shields is one to visit this weekend. An event called "Hoppy Easter" has lots of activities for children to do such as taking part in the White Rabbit Trail and decorating paper eggs. It is on the 27th March so make sure to visit!
- Couples - The Easter Crafts and Country Shopping Fair at Tatton Park will be packed full of stalls selling food, home furnishings, fashion, gifts and craft ideas. Pop along to treat yourself to some nice food and presents between the 25th and 28th March.
- Families - Take Part in Charlie's Chocolate Easter at the Roald Dahl Exhibition at Tatton Park. Children can watch a puppet show, receive a chocolate bar and be treated to some magic shows. It is taking place on Easter Weekend between the 25th and 28th March.
- Couples - The Easter Motorfest at Weston Park will be hosting a classic car show on the 27th-28th March. Enjoy seeing motorcycles, military vehicles and performance cars while you're there.
- Families - Stoneywell in Leicestershire are hosting their first ever Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt throughout the Easter Weekend. Solve the clues and you will be able to win a Cadbury chocolate treat.
- Couples - Newquay Zoo has got some great animals to go and see. While you may not want to get involved with the face painting and children's Easter attractions, we can guarantee that you'll have a great day out together.
- Families - Wookey Hole Attractions and Hotel in Somerset are creating a magical Easter Kingdom which begins on the 25th March. Every child will get a free Easter gift and there will be plenty of activities for them to take part in.
- Couples - Why not get away for a couple of nights and enjoy a stay at one of Bramley and Teal's Holiday Cottages? You can choose whether you want to stay in East Sussex or Kent and can enjoy a peaceful Bank Holiday Weekend.
- Families -Stonor Park in Oxfordshire are holding their annual Easter Egg Trail where you have to solve clues to win a prize. The park will be open for the trail on the 27th and 28th March, and the 3rd April.
- Couples - The Chocolate Market at The Duke of York Square is being held on the 26th March. There are lots of vendors, including Amelia Rope, who will be showcasing their chocolatey delights for Easter. Entry is free but sign us up!
- Families - Get involved with the Giant Easter Duck Hunt at the WWT London Wetland Centre with a chance to win a prize. It's a great family day out to spend together, and children can also make their very own yellow LEGO duckling to take home with them. The event runs from the 25th March to the 10th April.