With the exciting news that the Victoria’s Secret runway show is to take place in London this year, we’ve been getting ourselves excited looking at pictures of the models and imagining how amazing it would be to look like them. And while we may not quite have Adriana Lima’s figure or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s lips, we can certainly have a go at creating their trademark voluminous hair. Big and bouncy, this is a look that is just as glamorous as it is effortless, so read our Victoria’s Secret hair tutorial and create these soft and sexy curls for yourself.
You will need:
- A heat protector spray. We used the Redken Iron Shape 11which boasts a lightweight formula and is designed for use on dry hair.
- A large curling wand like this BaByliss Pro Titanium Expression Waving Wand which will give your hair soft curls and waves with a sleek finish.
- Sectioning clips like the Head Jog Klip Itz ones which hold your hair in place while you are working on other areas.
- A finishing hairspray. We went with the KMS California Freeshape 2-in-1 Styling and Finishing Spray because it is purposely designed for use with heat and helps to eliminate hair breakage as well as working to hold your style in place.
And here’s what you do:
- Brush your hair through to rid it of any knots and tangles. Then spray with a thermal protector that is designed for use on dry hair.
- Section hair off and spray each individual bit with hairspray prior to curling the hair.
- Curl the hair all over, using various sized strands to create a slightly messy look. Spray with hairspray intermittently and then run your hands through your hair to relax the curls and make them more bouncy.
- Give hair one final ruffle and finish with a bit more hairspray to keep your style in place.
And there you have it! Victoria’s Secret-style curls and waves with minimal effort.
What do you think of this style? Are you going to give it a go?