We caught up with the lovely Origins to discover everything we need to know about face masks and the all-important trend, multi-masking.
Origins are the number one skincare brand for face masks in the UK, and it's little wonder why. They have a face mask for every skincare concern: whether you are congested, dull, breaking out, dry or have a little irritation.
Discover Your Favourite Face Masks With Origins
- Q Tell us more about Origins masks and masks in general, why do you think they are one of the fastest growing categories in skincare…
- A You can see an instant benefit and improvement to your skin which is why I’d say they are so popular. Origins are the UK’s #1 mask brand, made from the most potent natural ingredients and we have a mask for every skin concern. We also have a very exciting new collection of tea- infused powder face masks called RitualiTea™ that you can make to measure. You simply mix the powder with water and the powder transforms into an antioxidant rich frothy cream giving your skin an instant healthy boost.
- Q What is multi-masking?
- A Multi masking is when you use several masks on different areas of your face at the same time. For example, you can apply a mask to target blemishes on your chin, another for oil control on your T-zone and one for hydration on your cheeks.
- Q What is a mask primer and why do you need it?
- A Origins Maskimizer™ is a mask priming mist that helps hydrate and optimise skin’s condition so it’s fully prepped to enhance your mask experience. Just a spritz gets skin primed so it’s ready to make your mask work harder for you!
- Q Why do we need to cleanse?
- A Would you ever not wash your body? No! You need to cleanse to remove all the dirt, pore-cloggers and makeup from your skin. Cleansing also helps other skincare products work better too.
- Q Should I be using a toner?
- A Absolutely, but make sure you choose the appropriate one. Using a toner helps balance your skin after cleansing and also improves the absorption of your serums and moisturisers.
- Q How do you incorporate masking into your life when you’re short on time?
- A If you are short on time, use an overnight mask like Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Mask. This is a mask you apply before you go to bed and it works wonders while you sleep. It's quick, easy and no extra time is needed. Or multi-task – pop one on whilst you’re doing something else, like exercising or cleaning the house!
- Q What are the best masks for tired skin? If you’ve spent the weekend burning the candle at both ends and your skin looks dull and lifeless?
- A GinZing Peel off™ Mask is the perfect mask for tired skin as it is fortified with Coffee beans. It helps to lift away stubborn dead skin cells to give instant radiance and glow to the skin.
- Q How can you use a mask to prep for a date night?
- A Original Skin™ is the perfect mask for date night. It only takes 10 minutes and has got exfoliating Jojoba beads to help refine pores, brighten your complexion and give an added extra glow.
- Q What are your top tips for maintaining healthy skin?
- Get into a good basic skincare routine.
- Always cleanse and never sleep with your make up on!
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
- Eat a balanced diet.