We caught up with legendary tanning expert, James Read to discuss all things bronzed and beautiful. He is the guru who stars to turn to when they need to look gorgeously tanned on the red carpets, and we were lucky enough to secure an interview with the man himself.
To discover more about the brand and his cult products, you can read our Celebrity Tanning Expert Blog.
James Read Top Tanning Tips
- Q What is your number one tanning tip?
- A Make sure you exfoliate at least 24 hours before you tan! This cannot be stressed enough as dry skin will only cause the tan to peel and look less than its best. Keep your skin well moisturised to ensure your tan lasts longer too. My Sleep Mask for the Body contains Hyaluronic Acid and Algae Extract to preserve the tan and keep you looking bronzer for longer!
- Q How is best to apply fake tan?
- A I always recommend using my James Read Tanning Mitt as it helps to keep your hands free from becoming more tanned from the rest of your body, and also ensures an even application. It means you can get into all the nooks, such as behind the knees and on the elbows so that you get a lovely finish. Always use a sweeping motion as this will distribute the tan evenly too!
- Q What is your beauty secret?
- A My new H2O Tan Mist is a facial spritz that not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also gives your complexion a healthy glow! It’s easy to use and gives a subtle glow to the skin, making it an ideal product to use if you don’t want to use an actual cream or mousse on your face.
- Q What is your best tanning tip for anyone with fair skin?
- A I would recommend beginning with a light layer of my Sleep Mask for the Body as it transforms into a light shade that can then be built up to your desired shade, so you never look over the top tanned!
- Q What is your secret tanning tip?
- A Attach a mitt to a long bath brush by securing al elastic around it. You can then apply fake tan to your back easily and without any help!