Sometimes your hair needs a little TLC. After a holiday away, a few too many sweeps of the hair straighteners or blow drying, hair can feel dull, brittle and unmanageable. Bring it back to life with our advice and all the best products for damaged hair.
How to Repair Damaged Hair
Although the best option is to try to keep hair as healthy as possible, if you do find it feeling a little damaged and dry, there are some things you can do to try to revive it and repair your locks.
- Go for a trim - Heading for a haircut can totally refresh your hair. It helps get rid of split ends and encourages healthy growth.
- Stay away from heat and chemicals - If you can avoid using heat styling and chemical treatments like perms or dyes, your hair will thank you. Both of these can alter the structure of the hair, leaving it brittle and weak.
- Use a Sulphate-free shampoo - When looking for a shampoo, try out a Sulphate-free formula, as some Sulphates can strip protective oils and dehydrate weak hair further.
- Go lukewarm - To protect your hair, turn down your water temperature; hot water will actually dry out your hair even further, leaving it prone to breakage.
- Check out the ingredients list - Good ingredients for damaged hair are Shea, Argan, Macademia, Proteins, Panthenol and Glycerol. These all help moisturise your hair, adding elasticity and shine.
- Avoid Alcohol - It is in a lot of hair styling products but Alcohol can dehydrate the hair even further. Watch out for oils and mists in particular, which often use Alcohol to dilute and make application easier.
- Don't forget your sunscreen - For extra protection, look for products containing UV filters which will help guard against environmental factors like sunshine.
- Wrap it up warm - For an added boost when using treatments and masks, wrap your hair in a warm towel whilst the mask absorbs. The warmth will help the mask penetrate better.
- Be gentle - Avoid pulling hair when brushing, especially when it's wet and at it's most vulnerable.
The Best Haircare Ranges
1.Percy & Reed Give Me Strength RangeAchieve stronger, longer and healthier hair and 68% less breakage after just one use with the new Give Me Strength regime from Percy & Reed. The must have trio transforms both the hair and scalp using scientifically proven formulas that treat both the skin and hair. Packed with powerful ingredients and actives that boost hair strength and elasticity, the shampoo and conditioner works to reduce breakage and damage whilst the Scalp Concentrate creates a healthy foundation for new growth.
2.Olaplex No.0, No.3, No.4, No.8 BundleA brand that goes hand in hand with healthy hair, Olaplex offer the full range when it comes to fixing hair damage. This ultimate bundle containing their No.0 Bond Builder, No.3 Hair Perfector, No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and No.8 Bond Repair Moisture Mask provides the full routine for combatting frizz and completely reviving your tresses. The innovative technology in their formulas works deep into the hair cuticle to fix broken bonds and infuse moisture into strands to bring back volume, strength and shine.
3.Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep-Conditioning TreatmentThe Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep‐Conditioning Treatment delivers a rush of moisture inside the hair cuticle that helps to repair and replenish extremely damaged hair. Powered by Hydrolysed Elastin, the treatment penetrates the hair follicle, infusing it with moisturising and strengthening Castor Oil and Glycerin. The multi-benefit formula provides UV protection to shield the hair from sun damage that can cause dryness and works on all hair types.
4.Kérastase Blond Absolu Bain Lumiere ShampooMade for bleached hair, the Blond Absolu range by Kérastase is enriched with nourishing and hydrating Hyaluronic Acid and Edelweiss Flower that replenishes moisture levels in damaged locks. The sulphate-free shampoo contains anti-oxidants that help to protect hair from environmental aggressors throughout the day, preventing further damage.
5.Sebastian Professional No.Breaker Leave-in SprayNew to the range, the The Sebastian Professional No.Breaker Leave-In Spray is both a hair repair formula and a styling spray that will leave your hair replenished and looking shiny and healthy. The Apple acid in the treatment works to repair broken bonds and hydrates the cuticle to replenish moisture levels.
6.Goldwell BondPro+ 60Sec TreatmentThis innovative formula by Goldwell is a must for dehydrated locks. The BondPro+ 60Sec Treatment works in just a minute to restore damaged hair to a healthier state. Enriched with strengthening amino acids, the treatment nourishes and conditions and promotes hair growth. The mask feels lightweight and refreshing on the scalp and continues to protect hair fibres even after use.
7.Mane 'n Tail Hair StrengthenerIf you're prone to frizz due to hair damage, the Mane 'n Tail Hair Strengthener will help to smooth and soften your locks whilst repairing the damage at a deeper level. The leave-in treatment is lightweight on the hair and works to moisturise and soften strands whilst also preventing further breakage and split ends from forming. Simply spray the Strengthener onto damp hair and comb through before styling.
8.Grow Gorgeous Repair DuoTreat your hair whilst you cleanse and condition with the Grow Gorgeous Repair Duo. The Repair Rescue Shampoo gently cleanses the scalp without drying it out or stripping it of natural oils. Infused with caffeine, the shampoo stimulates the roots to promote hair growth, whilst Allantoin soothes and moisturises both the hair and scalp. Working in unison with the Shampoo, the Repair Rescue Conditioner uses Oat Lipids and Amino Acids to seal in moisture and improve strength and elasticity whilst creating an unmatched shine.