We think that freckles are beautiful. After the sunny weekends we’ve been having in the UK, we know more and more of us will be saying hello to a smattering of freckles over noses and cheeks. What better moment to talk about the best makeup to help you make the most of those freckles?
The best foundations for freckled skin are those that even that evens out your skin at the same time as adding radiance. Makeup which tries to cover freckles can often leave skin looking ashy or muddy, so light coverage works the best. There are a few tricks to help you choose the best base for you:
- Try a radiance-boosting primer, like the Hylamide Photography Foundation. It will help to even out skin tone before applying your base, so you need less coverage.
- Finding the right shade can be hard. Be sure you don’t go too pale as this may make your freckles look dull and grey. Look for somewhere between your freckle shade and your base shade, matching it down the neck.
- Look for sheer, liquid formulas for a dewy finish. We love using a totally cream and liquid base before setting lightly on the T-zone.
- If you can get away with light coverage, try BB creams and tinted moisturisers for a beautiful sheer finish.
- If you prefer a matte look, try out a powder foundation like a mineral foundation- it won’t mask your skin too heavily but will leave things natural and softly mattified.