When it comes to the perfect day-to-day routine, the women behind botanical beauty brands seem to lead by the greatest example.
With healthy skincare and a positive attitude to life at the healm of their brand ethos, their day and night routines seem like the perfect antidote to today's hectic world.
We caught up with Antonia Burrell, founder and CEO of Antonia Burrell skincare to find out what a regular day looks like for her.
If you haven't yet heard of Antonia Burrell, it is a botanical skincare brand dedicated to bringing the very best ingredients to your complexion. Formulated with healthy vitamins and calming essential oils, each product works in natural synergy with your skin to deliver real and visible results.
A Day in the Life Of Antonia Burrell
- Q What time do you wake up?
- A Between 5.30-6am.
- Q What do you like to do when you wake up?
- A I take time to contemplate my day and think about what I want to achieve. I think about all of the things I am grateful for and write down any amazing things that may have happened the day before, write each moment or experience on a piece of paper and pop them into my happiness and gratitude bottle. I visualise and then say a prayer.
- Q What is your weekday and weekend breakfast of choice?
- A I start with hot water with lemon, then either a smoothie or cold pressed juice usually made with some of the following staples of which you will always find in my kitchen: pineapple, orange, beetroot, grapefruit, lemon, lime, ginger, mint and fresh turmeric. All of my nutri bullet cups are bright yellow from the turmeric. Then I’ll have a crumpet with a poached egg, grated redleceister cheese, avocado and basil. If I don’t have any crumpets I may even eat something like the pasta bake that was in the fridge from supper the evening before. Weekends start the same with, hot water and lemon, a smoothie or a cold pressed juice and I’ll usually cook up a storm with some boiled green bananas and steamed fish with okra’s. I like good full breakfasts as you can see because once my day starts, I burn up the calories.
- Q What is your morning beauty routine?
- Q What does your day look like?
- A Well, how long is a piece of string. Every day varies, however something that is fixed is meeting with my core team members and they report in about warehousing, orders, stockists, admin. It could start with a press breakfast or an industry networking breakfast. Working in the lab with my head chemist to discus new product development and undertake any further research. Meet with marketing director to discuss and agree overarching strategies. Discuss manufacturing and all the legal side of new legislation that is constantly changing in the world of beauty. Thursday afternoons is facial work in the clinic, in Notting Hill, which I still love as I have clients that I have been seeing for over 10 years. Travelling to Europe or the US to do speak at conferences. Meeting or lunching with press, bloggers and key influencers, many of who have become close friends.
- Q What do you for downtime in the evening?
- A I love doing yoga at Method Movement and I will attend classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I love cooking and entertaining so a dinner party is never far away in my household. Equally I love meeting friends for dinner; I love salad and green foods so I will always incorporate that into my evening meal and going to music gigs and having a good dance.
- Q What is your relaxation technique?
- A I love yoga. I enjoy long deep baths with beautiful aromas I have concocted and magnesium flakes. I also love a good Hammam.
- Q What is your evening beauty routine?
- A I look forward to using my Natural Glow Cleansing Oil and I always double cleanse. I then spritz about 8-10 sprays of my skin with Forest Dew Skin Conditioning Beauty Water into my hands and massage it into my skin followed by Radiant Light Facial Oil Serum. Twice a week I will substitute Cream Supreme for Mask Supreme for a nice skin feed over-night.
- Q What time do you go to bed?
- A I will usually be in bed by 10.30
- Q Do you like to use any techniques and products to help you sleep better?
- A I massage my face a lot and I find that not only does it keep wrinkles and lines away, it releases tension that can often build up in the face. I also deep breath (quite loudly) before I sleep; I just like how it makes me feel. Finally I will always have a cup of chamomile tea or yogi tea. I also take a magnesium, calcium and zinc supplement at night as magnesium is very relaxing too.
Image c/o of Jeff Gilbert/REX/Shutterstock