The Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is an absolute cult favourite in the beauty industry. Its unique pre-shampoo formula still baffles many, but once you start to make it an integral part of your haircare routine, you'll soon see noticeable differences in the health of your hair.
It's even a favourite of our beauty ambassador, Lydia Elise Millen...
The History of the Elasticizer
Amazingly enough, the Elasticizer was originally created for the beautiful Audrey Hepburn in 1974. While filming on set, Audrey complained about the condition of her hair. Between constant shooting and in between takes, her hair was suffering from the the intense styling and colouring.
Audrey went to see Philip Kingsley to try and find a lightweight solution that wouldn't weigh down her fine hair. The trichologist maestro went away to his laboratory in London and brought back the Elasticizer to Audrey.
What does the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer do?
The Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is a pre-shampoo treatment that effectively repairs damaged fibres and split ends. It's brilliant to use if you have coloured or very dehydrated hair in need of some attention, and also great if you have fine hair lacking in volume. The treatment also adds shine, bounce and manageability back into stressed out locks, without ever weighing them down.
How to use the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
- Rinse hair through, and then apply the Elasticizer onto your hair before shampooing
- To apply, work a little into different sections, massaging into roots and ends for the best results
- Cover your hair with a towel to help generate heat, which activates the absorption of nutrients
- Leave on for approximately 20 minutes, or longer if you're having a lengthier relax!
- Rinse away, then shampoo and condition as normal
- Although the product is suitable on coloured hair, do not use on dyed hair until 72 hours after the dye has been applied
A Family of Elasticizers'
- The original Elasticizer works brilliantly on stressed-out locks to repair and relieve damage. It doesn't have a scent, so is great for those with fragrance sensitive scalps.
- The Geranium and Neroli Elasticizer began its journey as a limited edition, but is now very much here to stay. Inspired by Philip Kingsley's favourite Italian retreat in Italy, the scent is made up of Geranium, Neroli, Rose, Lavender and Orange to bring a summer sensation to your locks.
- The Coconut Breeze Elasticizer has been infused with Coconut, Vanilla and Jasmine to bring a touch of summer scent to your hair. Formulated with the same great ingredients, this year's limited edition scent is a gorgeous nod to the gorgeous azure blue coastlines on summer vacations.