It’s easy to get into a false sense of skin security working from home; you feel clean and fresh not having to commute to work, there’s no office air con and your skin hasn’t seen makeup for a good few weeks now. However, you may be surprised to hear that even staying at home can leave skin sensitive to drying out. A mix of central heating, blue light from the extra screen time (even if you’ve turned off your reminder!) and either too much or too little exposure to sunlight depending on the weather can cause havoc for the skin’s moisture levels.
We spoke to skincare experts at Elizabeth Arden to get the best tips and tricks for keeping your skin hydrated and calm during lock down, for the best practises that can be used throughout your day even whilst on a zoom call (camera off of course!).
Cleanse morning and evening
We’re going back to basics with this one, but makeup or no makeup, you need to cleanse both day and night to remove any build up and dirt that has formed throughout the day. Now that you’re not having to rush out of the house to work, take the time to pay attention to your skincare and follow a proper cleansing routine:
- Lather up your chosen cleanser either with your fingers or on a cloth.
- Starting at the temples, make 3 large inward circles around the orbital bone (around the eye area),
covering cheeks, nose and forehead.
- Cleanse the nose in circular motions only using one finger on each side.
- Use your index and middle fingers to cleanse around the lip area in a scissor like motion in alternate
- Rinse off for super clean skin, ready for your routine and allowing your moisturiser to reach the skin effectively.