Chamomile Extract is better well known for its use in herbal teas to help soothe you and send you off to sleep. In beauty however, it can be super beneficial for both your skin and hair.
Chamomile Extract For The Skin
Chamomile Extract itself is packed full of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiseptic nutrients that make it excellent to use when your skin is feeling irritated or sore. This makes it great to use on sensitive skin types and anyone who suffers from flare-ups and breakouts.
The main components in Chamomile Extract that benefit the skin are flavonoids, including Quercetin and Luteolin. Luteolin is a natural antioxidant that also helps to reduce inflammation and aggravation in the skin, while Quercetin helps to neutralize harmful free radicals from the sun's rays.
Favourite Chamomile Skincare Products
- Even as the summer draws to a close, you should never be without a good SPF, and Lancer's Sheer Sun Fluid is light enough to wear comfortably under makeup. It contains Chamomile Extract to soothe the skin and protect it from the sun's damaging rays.
- The A'Kin Orange Blossom and Chamomile Toner gently purifies your skin to leave it feeling clean and revitalised without any tingling or stinging sensation.
- If you are out and about, going on holiday or to the gym, then make sure you carry Pixi's Makeup Melting Cloths with you! They contain extracts of Chamomile and Grape Seed Oil to gently cleanse and moisturise the skin.
Chamomile Extract For The Hair
If you have blonde hair, Chamomile Extract is an ingredient you should definitely be incorporating into your beauty routine. It helps to bring out the vibrancy of your blonde locks and leave them looking shiny and glossy. Even if you have darker hair, it helps to leave it looking a lot healthier and glossier.
If you have scalp problems such as dryness, itchiness or even eczema, you will find that Chamomile helps to leave your skin feeling a lot calmer and soothed. This is because it is naturally hypoallergenic and effective at healing wounds.
Favourite Chamomile Haircare Products
- The Klorane Camomile Shampoo For Blonde Hair has been specially for lighter locks. It contains a blend of Chamomile and Apigenin, which naturally brighten the hair and leave it looking shiny and bright.
- If your hair is a little dry and is need of a gentle detox and boost of hydration, then Phyto's Phytoneutre Shampoo will be the treatment your hair needs. It contains Rosemary to purify and Chamomile to soothe.
- Once a week, it's always a great idea to deep cleanse your hair and rid it of impurity and product build-up from the week. Paul Mitchell's Shampoo Two gently cleanses your hair, while leaving it super soft, healthy and shiny.