You may have heard of Probiotics and Prebiotics when it comes to looking after your gut health, but they are fast becoming miracle ingredients in the skincare industry too.
Promoting healthy skin, reducing inflammation and dramatically reducing the severe effects of chronic skin conditions, Probiotics and Prebiotics may not sound quite as pretty as Rosewater Oil, but they certainly pack just as much of a punch when it comes to achieving clear, even and radiant skin.
Probiotics and Prebiotics In Skincare: What's The Difference?
Essentially, both Probiotics and Prebiotics work to restore the level of balance to your skin when harmful bacteria can overrun and cause inflammation and blemishes. Probiotics however, work by introducing good bacteria, whereas Prebiotics act as catalysts for the good bacteria already present. They are powerhouses that are able to restore harmony and balance to irritated skin, and leave you glowing.
Probiotics In Skincare
The links between the health of your gut and the health of your skin have been widely researched. We all know that when we eat too much sugar or unhealthy foods, we can breakout and get oily and dulling skin. Probiotics can have huge beneficial effects on the health of our gut, yet research shows that they have a similar effect on the health of our skin too.
Topical use of Probiotic skincare can help to reduce chronic skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema, which in turn helps to even out your complexion and give you glowing skin. There are now many brands in the beauty industry that are fusing Probiotic technology into their products to supercharge them. One of those brands is Aurelia, and we have to say, since adding their products into our skincare routine, we have all noticed huge differences in its tone and radiance.
The Aurelia brand was founded by Claire Vero, who worked for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical brands before starting Aurelia. The brand uses a blend of natural and organic ingredients, alongside Probiotics and Peptides to deliver exceptionally visible results.
Our scientifically proven, evidence based probiotic technology works by helping to manage the level of inflammation within the skin to achieve the perfect balance - Aurelia
We love the whole range of Aurelia Skincare, but we have selected our top 3 hero products, which our skin now cannot live without.
- The Miracle Cleanser contains a blend of Probiotics, Peptides, Eucalyptus and Bergamot to soften the skin, reduce inflammation and breakouts and buff away dead skin cells to leave your complexion glowing.
- For nighttime indulgence, opt for the Cell Repair Night Oil, which not only smells unbelievably divine and relaxing from the Neroli, Rose and Lavender Essential Oils, but contains Baobab to fight damage from environmental aggressors. If you are heading away on holiday this summer, this is the product you need after a day in the sunshine.
- Remembering to exfoliate your skin is an absolute must, and the Aurelia Refine and Polish Miracle Balm makes the whole process a lot more pleasurable. The unique formulation contains natural Rice Bran Beads, which instead of irritating the skin like traditional plastic beads, gently slough away dead skin cells to leave you with a smooth, glowing and healthy complexion.
Prebiotics In Skincare
While Probiotics are "live" bacteria, Prebiotics can be described as the "food" that they need to multiply. They help Probiotics to grow, meaning that in skincare, they help the naturally occurring friendly bacteria on your skin to flourish.
There are billions of bacterial cells on our skin, which may not sound too pleasant, but some of these are actually good bacteria that keep our skin healthy! Together, they make up a layer known as the "skin flora", which is actually one of our first defence systems against redness, aggravation and irritation. Prebiotics help to fuel the good bacteria that are already present, and therefore aid the skin in rejuvenation and restoration. One of our favourite brands containing Prebiotic Technology is Gallinée thanks to its gentle yet effective formulations.
Gallinée are a brand focussed on looking after the Microbiome. Essentially, it is the name to describe all the good bacteria that need to be protected and nurtured to keep the perfect balance and harmony that prevents your skin from becoming irritated or breaking out.
A new innovative skincare line with a patented complex of Prebiotics, Probiotics and Lactic Acid – Gallinée
If you are looking to introduce Prebiotics into your skincare routine, we have selected the top 3 products that will help to make a huge difference to the health and vibrancy of your complexion.
- The La Culture Foaming Facial Cleanser is one of the easiest and fastest ways to restore harmony and balance to your skin. As the cleanser works with your natural PH, it doesn't irritate or cause inflammation. The formula is also formulated with 98% natural ingredients and contains no soap, making it suitable for even the most sensitive of skin.
- Infused with Kaolin Clay, Vitamin E and Sea Minerals, this unique Face Mask and Scrub is the perfect multitasking product. Not only does it slough away dead skin cells to leave your complexion healthy and radiant, but it helps to clear your skin and leave it decongested.
- As moisturisers sink into the skin at a deeper cellular level, one with Prebiotics will make a huge impact at keeping your skin healthy. The La Culture Hydrating Face Cream is enriched Mrytle Extract, which is rich in antioxidants, helping to keep your complexion youthful and radiant.